Monday 28 November 2016

Big Baby Twinsies

HOME ALONE YAY!!!!

Huffle went into the office today for meetings and the kids went to school. I was left all by myself and I had a really long slow breakfast and watched nearly a whole episode of My Mother and other strangers, did three loads of washing, a bit of sorting and then I finally got out to do a food shop.

For once I had no problems, no issues and everyone I saw was nice. Some people would think I was starting to get used to this place ;) although on the way home one of the cartons of Apple Juice tipped over and spilled!

Now it's nice to have the house to myself but there was no one to help me on with my shopping and no one to put it away for me BOOOOOOO. I half put the shopping away and made my lunch and tried to Skype Moo but there was no answer so I settled myself in front of the TV to watch the new series of The Gilmore Girls. Just as it was about to start, Moo called me back. We had a chat while I ate my lunch and she persuaded me to go for a run/walk.

A photo on my run

I'm glad I did and it was easier than last time, plus it wasn't too cold (7*). I started on the railway tracks but soon realised it's not a good surface for running so continued on my normal road. 35 minutes later I was walking back home where I had a lovely hot shower before I sorted all the Christmas presents out that I already have. I made a list (wow so organised so early) and packed them away again.

I finished putting the shopping away and realised something else had spilled but in the fridge, so I emptied it, cleaned it and put it all away again. Goodness there has been a lot of cleaning here lately. Talking of which, there was no mouse caught last night but also no signs of droppings either so thats good. It getting very hard to find anything in the pantry because it's all hidden in boxes.

I did lots of drying and folding and then started on dinner just as the boys came home. Smallest had a volleyball practice today and Small had tried out for the Dodgeball team. He said it was very quick and he had no idea how he did. There are more scheduled.

Small took the washing off the line for his chore but didn't fold it or sort it or check it was dry (needs more instruction) and Smallest sorted the washing from the dryer and folded it and sorted it (though some of it was still wet and the folding was 'interesting'). Definitely more instruction needed.

MrsPiano came and Smallest went first while Small did his homework. Today's homework was working on a poem of the song Redemption Song by Bob Marley. He doesn't like it, he thinks it's too slow. Smallest is doing very well on piano but needs to practice his Christmas Recital pieces for 15-20 minutes daily (Recital is in two weeks) and Small has to practice for 30 minutes daily (his is tricky).

We had dinner and today I made individual apple and strawberry crumbles from some apples I had frozen into Autumn and some crumble mix that Grandma had frozen. They were yummy after our homemade fish cakes.

Tonight Smallest went to the Hamlets Conservation Area where they did some Night Vision activities with the Cubs. He thought it was great. Huffle and I picked up a second hand blanket box from a friend who was getting rid of it and then went for a night walk leaving Small playing on his tablet. Huffle picked Smallest up from Cubs where he had been eating Moon Rock that blowed in the dark and shot sparks.

Small, Huffle and I watched I'm a Celebrity when Smallest went to bed.

 

No comments: