Tuesday 29 November 2016

Mr Canoe smells of Poo

Huffle woke up with, and has had for some days now, a twitching eye and it is starting to really annoy him. I decided to check Woogle to see if we could find a remedy without resulting to the doctors (because our doctor either sends you for blood work or diagnoses a new disease). T'internet suggested *cut out caffeine, *rehydrate, *eye drops and *more sleep. So today he had no caffeine, slept at his desk and I put eye drops in his eyes. Hopefully he can finish this day with a jolly good sleep. I too have had a twitching arm muscle for about four days but mine comes and goes and I can cope with it for now (not ready to cut out caffeine just yet).

After the boys went to school (Smallest struggled to get up this morning and asked for an alarm clock for Christmas so he can set it for 7:15 and be responsible for getting up Small and me), I meandered around the house, having breakfast, wondering what my day would become when I got a text from Suffolk saying she was on her way to Costco if I fancied joining her. So I did. We had a brief visit in the shop and then went and had a cup of tea and a banana and a nice chat until she had to go off to school for her afternoon job.

I stayed and went in a few shops, picking up a couple of Christmas presents and a pair of jeans for me and then came home for a very late lunch. I decided I was making quiche for dinner and so started my pastry, blind baked it and made a few mini mince pies with the leftovers.

ClownRose and I went for a quick walk before the bus came home carrying our little darlings and then I continued with dinner. For some reason, the egg mixture separated and the egg went underneath the pastry (I have no idea how because there were no holes that I saw) and it took ages to set. Still it was very nice and despite there being veggies in it, the boys liked it too (even though some of the vegetables appeared on the side of their plate at the end).

I took Smallest to football practice tonight wearing new shin pads to see if we can stop his terrible rashes. I am worried that because I hand washed his usual ones (they stunk) I may not have got all the washing liquid out and he could be allergic to it. We'll see what happens with these new ones.

I had an email today asking me to attend the Winter Carnival Meeting (tonight) as a representative of the Grade 8 Mums as I had been allocated the responsibility of the BBQ. Who me? The only Vegetarian? What would I know about BBQ'ing? I apologised and said they had the wrong person and then a barrage of emails arrived. Apparently, my name was put next to the BBQ for the fundraising of the Grade 8 Graduation trip when we attended a meeting a month or so ago. In actual fact I volunteered to ask the Beer Store owner for a 'basket of cheer' (Booze) to be auctioned at the Carnival and the lady that volunteered to organise the BBQ said she couldn't do it and put my name forward instead - the lazy beeeeee. I emailed everyone involved to let them know I wouldn't be doing it and sat and fumed for a while. Can't wait to see how that one turns out. Talk about last minute too!!!

Late morning Huffle realised that the uppermost drainpipes were leaking. To get to these points he had to get an extendable paint roller (12ft) without the roller itself, with a trowel taped to the end. He then leaned out of the loft window and angled the pole to scoop out the debris. I can't believe he didn't do it while I was here so I could have at least photographed it whilst laughing. Good job Huffle.

 

No comments: