Monday 2 January 2017

Don't count your chickens till the kings are wild

Moo didn't sleep well and dreamed lots but can't remember them. I slept well but dreamed lots and could remember them. One dream I was pregnant!! One dream I was at a street sports game but I don't know what it was and the fielders were using fire guards to catch the balls!

This morning I happened to mention that it might be time to 'start' taking the decorations down. In my mind this meant a few things here and there slowly over the next few days. In Moo's mind this meant EVERYTHING. Oh well, I guess they've been up for a while now and half a house of decoration doesn't look so good!

Huffle and I left the boys with Moo who put them straight to work, clearing away their Christmas stuff and then putting away the tree decorations. Then they got to play on the Xbox. Huffle and I went to four shops and bought Smallest a small tree for next year in the sale. We also bought a laser light for next year which projects lights onto the house. We are hoping this will save us putting the lights up. It projects green snowflakes all over the front of the house, though we only tried it in the kitchen. We picked up a few other things plus a new toaster as ours broke - dodgy wiring, nothing to do with Moo though she was using it at the time ;). We also picked up some food for dinner later.

We got home for lunch and afterwards played one of Small's new games - Five Crowns - which is a variation on Ace to Ace. We liked it. Small won (Moo came second - she just shouted in my ear). More decorations were taken down and table tennis was played and then while the boys played on the Xbox again, Moo, Huffle and I made pasta.

Huffle made the pasta with Moo adding some super speedy rolling and drying it on our new drying rack. Moo and I made garlic bread, tomato sauce and Alfredo sauce, roasted some butternut and sautéed some vegetables. We had butternut ravioli using our new ravioli tin and tagliatelle. Very yummy.

We also had chocolate and white choc mousse which we ate whilst watching the end of The Storks. Feel fat now!!!

Yesterday my new step counter counted over 15,000 steps and today I have done over 11,000. Just saying!

 

No comments: