Sunday 22 January 2017

Organising

My morning, with Smallest, started with two games of Robin Hood which was hard because we haven't played it for a while and I couldn't open my eyes properly after Huffle rudely woke me with his snoring.

Sunday..........a time for relaxing and sitting around enjoying the weekend? Well that's what we thought we were doing except that I seemed to get the urge to DO today. After a lovely waffle and fruit breakfast, we went into the basement to sort out the games shelves. I wanted to see if we could get rid of any games that we didn't play or want anymore plus clean the shelves while they were empty. We only got rid of three games in the end but the rest are sitting in a clean place and are nicely organised. We had a pile of games we weren't sure about so put them out to try later. While we were down there we swiffed and cleaned the rest of the basement and organised the XBox and TV cabinet. Looking smarter.

The boys did such a good job that we allowed them XBox time while Huffle and I moved a huge wooden blanket box from downstairs to our bedroom (ready for me to bump into on my way back from a middle of the night bathroom trip no doubt). Because we moved the box from the Sun Room we started talking about the need for some kind of shoe storage as we have a lot of footwear and it all looks a mess. We had a general tidy up and then the kids came up and we played Pictureka card game. It was very silly.

For a mid afternoon dinner, we made our own pasta which was delicious. The boys helped to roll out the dough in the machine. Someone posted, on our local buy and sell site, a huge shelf unit that was perfect for our shoe needs. Unfortunately it was too large for us to get in my car so we asked for DonNoQuotey's help. He was more than happy though had to help much more than we originally anticipated. We gave him beer for his help in carrying it from the other house, putting it on his truck and helping us carry it into our house. He only wanted one beer but we gave him four as we felt guilty. Much later Huffle and I put it in place and put our shoes on it. Perfect.

The boys had a couple of games of Chess (which didn't end brilliantly but was good while it lasted) and then we worked our way through three different Lego games. One of them we decided we would sell and the others we kept. We ended the day with another Pictureka! card game but this time whilst relaxing in the living room. It was even sillier this time and took forever.

I forgot to put my step counter on this morning and despite being on my feet and 'doing' most of the day, it seems I have only done 7,000. Well I know I have done plenty today. Tired now!

 

No comments: