Monday 13 February 2017

Flowery day

It had snowed more during the night and everywhere was white again. It was also very windy and the snow had drifted a lot. To get into my car I needed to get off the windscreen a foot of snow but could only do that one side as the snow had drifted too high for me to get at it. The bus was running today so the boys went to school normally. Huffle went in to the office to look at new buildings for the office relocation. He had to dig his car out before he left and he cleared the snow from the path so my crochet ladies could get through.

I put some food out, made some coffee and got all my crochet stuff ready on the table. The ladies arrived (minus one who lives in the middle of nowhere and struggled to get her car out) at 9:30am bearing gifts. I was given an Emergency Crochet Hook to keep on my key ring, a handmade soap made from honey from one of the Lady's Bees and a ball of sock wool.

We had a really good couple for hours where they created two flowers each. They were really happy.

We have a week off as it is Family Day next Monday and then the week after I think we are going to review everything they've done so far and iron out any problems.

After they left, I had a tidy and got ready for my exercise class. Just me again and she worked me vey hard. I had to have a late lunch and I was just settling down with it to watch The Unforgotten when Huffle came home. He went straight up to his office though as he had a call.

I went out and cleared the snow off the drive. Someone had snow blowed our path and Otto's path, we think it was DonNoQuotey. That was nice as it was very thick. I was still clearing when the boys came home. No offers to help me and just groans when I asked if one of them could throw me a pair of gloves!!!

I came in and made some pizza dough so we could have pizza and watch another Harry Potter film (prisoner of azkaban this time). Huffle and I made our Valentine Cards and watched TV.

Nice day. Much happier.

 

No comments: