Tuesday 14 February 2017

Roads M, A, B and C

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY. Huffle's card to me was a drawing of a sofa with a heart on one of the seats and the words "I love you Ike Sheldon loves his seat" (from Big Bang Theory in case you didn't know). There was also a poem that he wrote about boards and gourds and me being brave. Silly Huffle. My envelope to him said "to my valentine Jude Law, failing that Huffle will do".

Boys went to school. Huffle worked in the loft and cleared some more snow from the drive. I went to work where I had a funny morning trying to speak in a Canadian accent while Jeff tried to speak in an English accent. At coffee break he was regaling us with stories of his wife organising a trip to Ireland. He told her to keep to the M Roads and possibly use the A roads but definitely keep away from the B and C roads (C roads, I know I've been here for a while but are there any?). He was making me laugh. I have never heard the Motorways called M Roads before. I told him to tell her not to turn at a red light like we could here and to remember that the roundabouts were the other way. He was telling us about when he went to England last year and had trouble with hedges and Small one lane roads. We potted up lots and lots of different things today.

I had lunch with my Valentine (Jude was busy) and we watched another half of an episode of Sherlock. OMG it's weird and I don't really know what is happening half the time. Love it though.

I FaceTimed Moo whilst making a soup for dinner. By the time we finished talking it was 3pm so I checked if ClownRose wanted to walk but her little man is poorly so I agreed to meet MissMoll off the bus for her. When Maurice stopped the bus, she said "oh you're not MissMolls mum". She must have recognised me though as she let her go with me. I waked her to her door, had a quick chat and came home. Huffle had locked us out of the house for some reason. He said he didn't mean to but...........

ClownRose's icicles

I think MrsPiano was supposed to come today but she never turned up nor messaged me so I have no idea what is going on there. For Small's chore today he cleared a bit of the drive though he was not happy doing it at all. However, after I called him in he said he now appreciated how hard it was for me to clear the drive by myself the other day when he walked past me and didn't offer to help. Good, well at least that's something.

Today I found out that Small's high school years are split into two semesters and his eight subjects he has chosen gets divided into four subjects each semester. So he only has to concentrate on four subjects at a time. He says this can be good and bad as the subjects are picked randomly. Ie if he gets Maths, English, Science and Geography in one semester, he would have a lot of work and a lot of homework, and some of the other subjects, like Music, less so. Oh well we will see.

Smallest and Huffle went off to football where CoachOlDHead took over the session. All the parents complained to each other and did nothing about it. I would have taken Smallest off the pitch. Don't trust the man, have they forgotten how much trouble he caused? Smallest did not enjoy the practice at all and said he was happy for me to take him off if he appears tomorrow. We have booked a try out for another club next week.

Small and I stayed at home. He played on the XBox and persuaded me to play FIFA with him. I wasn't very good but I did score a goal. I got very excited and I was a dirty player getting two players sent off and a couple of yellow cards. Whoops!

Just to prove that Huffle IS a LCFC supporter

It is snowing again.

 

No comments: