Thursday 9 February 2017

Sighs*, Simon impersonator** and an Umbrella***

A free day for me with nothing to do. Well nothing planned anyway. The boys went to school - YAY the bus was running. The drive was still icy and Huffle thought we had Frost Quakes during the night which kept him awake. I never heard anything as I slept. HURRAH!

Small had a basketball tournament today that I didn't have to drive to and although I had every intention of popping along to see him play, I actually forgot. He lost both games unfortunately and he said there wasn't much to see. Smallest carried on with his JungleSport but told us that the bell rang and his belayer undid himself and walked off leaving Smallest dangling! He likes the JungleSport.

To fill my day, I brought my sewing machine downstairs and everything I thought I might need to make a Microwavable Wheaty Heat Up Bag and the Roman Blinds. I did end up making the bag but was quite disappointed with my sewing skills, so much in fact that I didn't dare touch the blinds and instead asked if Suffolk would give me some basic sewing lessons. She wasn't keen on charging me but I think it's important that we use our respective skills and if we can make a little bit of money while we are doing it, then we should. After all, she pays me to garden for her. She talked about lesson swapping but isn't sure what she wants to learn yet. I start next week. The wheaty bag, despite its ugly sewing, was a success according to Huffle and Smallest who tried it. It is filled with Flaxseed.

Huffle and I had lunch together and watched the other half of Sherlock. This afternoon I did some washing, tidied up and made two lasagnes for dinner. The boys came home and did homework, piano practice and after dinner we all went to the High School for an evening of informative chatter about how Small needs to choose his courses (which has to be done by Feb17). It was very confusing and there was lots of sighing* from me. First of all we heard about how many credits they need (credits have to be earned in order to get the high school diploma and I think you get them by completing courses to a certain grade or passing an exam) plus how many community hours you need (not completely clear about this part yet except that he has to work without being paid for 40 hours). We picked up a lot of leaflets and we now have an awful lot of reading to do. Small doesn't seem phased at all thank goodness. **one of the Guidance Counsellors looked like Simon Cowell. On the way home ***I tried to shoot someone with my invisible umbrella. Honestly, some of the driving here is ridiculous. You sit at a junction for ages waiting for a break in traffic and The said traffic turns into your road but only indicates right at the last minute. C'mon, it's common courtesy to let other people know where you are going before you GO, then they can make an informed decision whether to pull out or not!!!!

This evening Huffle and I watched The Great Pottery Throwdown. I really want to start pottery again. I think it might make me calmer HA!

 

No comments: