Tuesday 7 March 2017

1.2.3. Synchronise

Once again, another night of not much sleep. Arrrgggghhhhh so very tired.

This morning the boys went off with their new driver who still carries a piece of paper with their names on and when he dropped them off after school, completely missed our house and let them off next door! Oh dear!

Huffle and I went to school this morning too, to visit Smallest's class who was having a "Poetry Cafe". Smallest has been working hard on getting his poem booklet ready for today. The class brought in their own mugs and some hot chocolate mix or tea bag. Their teacher 'Paddingtons dad' told them about the big vat of boiling water that they were to very carefully fill their mug with. Smallest's class is in a Portakabin (called portable here) and there is little room for bags, coats, shoes etc. Beside the vat of water, strewn on the floor, was an assortment of boots, gloves etc. Huffle and I looked at each other and wondered what could possibly go wrong. Each table in turn was called up to fill their mugs. One girl who was quite excitable, managed to spill her mug all down her arm which scolded her and the skin was peeling off her arm. She was rushed straight to the office and taken home or the hospital. We wondered why a Grade 8 couldn't have handed out the water. Still, I guess they have to learn sometime. Much later Smallest told us that he was playing hide and seek and hid under the table (with the same water on top) and someone accidentally turned the water on and it dripped on his back. He has a small red mark. Honestly, with all the Health and Safety here and waivers we have to fill out, you'd think a small matter of boiling water would be dealt with better.

So, PaddingtonsDad decided the kids whose parents were there would go first and I accidentally started a chant "Smallest, smallest smallest" to which the rest of the class continued. Whoops! Smallest read out his three favourite poems. We weren't allowed to clap, we had to click our fingers (as PaddingtonsDad said that Poetry is calm and clapping is too loud). We stayed and listened to a few more before heading back home. Huffle went back to work and I went off to the Greenhouse for a morning of potting on. For coffee break we had Blondies which were lovely and a very long chat with MrsM.

I had lunch with Huffle and we watched a bit more of Gotham. Lovely and gory and some hands being chopped off, perfect for a lunchtime break. Huffle went back to work again I went and did a quick shop of food we needed. Huffle put most of it away for me while I had a visit with MrsRoyal who is off to Europe for a holiday.

When I got back I FaceTimed Moo and we caught up on events before the kids came home, said a quick hello and off we went to MrsHair to get their hair cut. MrsHair lives on a farm and their garden is very very muddy. Smallest fell in the mud and got it all over his face, hair and body and so did LittleHair. Washing and showers tonight!

Huffle made dinner for us this evening. We had bangers, Mash and beans. Lovely. Small had a new book delivered from Grandma (thank you) - a Mary Berry Sweets and Deserts book. He loves making puddings but his first choice of recipe is Cheese Straws (not very desserty but yummy all the same). He says he will make them at the weekend. I've seen a Treacle Tart I'm hoping he'll make for us soon too.

After dinner all the boys played on tablets or XBox and I tried to cut my blind material. I am hopeless. I marked out nearly one blind but I was so tired I abondoned it. I'll look again tomorrow!

Huffle and I watched a Painting Challenge programme and I crocheted a bean ball for Small.

No comments: