Friday 10 March 2017

Coffee Pot, Chess and Colanders

Interesting dream from me: the metre man (who didn't come yesterday due to the flu) came to fix a table but was coughing and I kept hoping it wasn't his flu coming back. I asked if he wanted coffee but I couldn't find my coffee pot as we were in a new house with a different kitchen. (I had actually moved my coffee pot into a different cupboard yesterday). I looked it up and This means I need more support and the coffee part, means I'm a little bit of a nutter. Well I think we knew that.

Huffle's dream: he was in a River, fell or pushed. He came to a tunnel and there was a blue set of lights and lots of people in white coats. He knew problems would happen. On reaching the first person he was injected and he woke up. This basically means he is not happy with his boss. Well we knew that too.

We slept fairly well and everyone had lie-ins except Smallest who has a body clock of getting up at 7am and that's what he does everyday. Small lay in bed watching his TV (American Dad is his new favourite).

After breakfast, some piano, a chore or two (or more for me), Smallest and I had a game of chess (he won easily) and then we tried to play table tennis in the half dark. Half of our lights aren't working and MrBasement is poorly. Smallest got into a text conversation with Grandma when she was checking up on me and it ended with him Facetiming them and playing piano and being silly.

Small made Cheese Straws from his new Mary Berry Book. Thy were good but a little too small and flaky. He is going to write notes for future. I.e. Make them thicker next time. Tomorrow he is going to make Vienna fingers.

I made a paleo soup for Suffolk who came round late with JSuffolk. She can't have dairy, wheat, beans, rice or pasta or stock cubes so I made a Cauliflower Soup with Ginger and herbs. She seemed to like it. The boys made Sticky Cheese Wraps for themselves and played on the XBox. Suffolk had a look at my blinds material and said everything was fine. She helped me to measure the lining and we got some cut before my childcare duties started with ClownRose's kids.

ClownRose decided she wanted to get some sanity black into her life and has chosen to go to a yoga class once a month in Toronto. This means she has to leave around 3pm to get there in time. The plan is that I have LittleFin until 5pm when his Dad finishes work and I pick up MissMoll from the bus at 3:40pm until 5pm also. Today was our first day and as it was a PA Day and all the kids were off from school, I didnt have to pick up MissMoll which I think helped her brother her being there all the time. My boys were fabulous and helped immensely. Both boys are called Addie by LittleFin which is kind of like their two names rolled into one. MissMoll and Smallest drew and played Junior Monopoly with Small. LittleFin emptied my cupboards of heat mats and colanders and spread them around the house constantly looking for his mama. He never cried. He may have bumped his head running around the table but apart from that I think we got on wonderfully. Of course, I couldn't make dinner or do much other than empty the dishwasher, though he insisted on closing the door constantly so once they had been picked up, Huffle took us out for dinner.

He loved his little step seat

For most of the day it has been really windy and occasionally blustery snow. This evening we got a weather warning about 15cm snow falling until tomorrow morning. The drive home was very interesting with gusting winds and snow being blown in weird clouds, at some points with zero visibility.

This evening Huffle and I watched Gardeners World. It is their 50th anniversary. Wow. Also Angel Delight apparently is 50 years old this year. Some useless trivia there.

Oh and my ear was deaf this morning, then I syringed it and some stuff came out (eeuuugghh nice) and now I can almost hear. More drops tonight and more syringing tomorrow. Makes me feel so much better and don't feel sick or dizzy. Yay.

 

No comments: