Tuesday 14 March 2017

Emoji overload

We did not get the 10-20cm snow forecast. It didn't seem to hit us too much but was more in the Toronto area. There was snow all day and high winds. I believe the snow will continue until tomorrow morning.

I left all the boys at home and went off to the Greenhouse to do some cuttings and potting on. It was cold in there today and my feet were freezing. Jeff gave us tickets for Canada Blooms (Garden and Home show in Toronto) and we are hoping to go there tomorrow, weather dependant. Jan had made Chocolate Shortbread for coffee break. It was scrummy.

When I left this morning I told the boys to have showers and have lunch ready for when I got back. I left a bit earlier than normal and when I got out of my car, I saw them running into the kitchen, grabbing bread etc and setting the table. It was very funny. They also locked me out so they could do it all before I came in. They make me laugh! They had had their showers.

After lunch I made a start on LSuffolks cake and Smallest helped me to decorate it. It took me about 4 hours in all and the kids helped to clear everything away and warm up some soup from the freezer for dinner.

These are the emojis that Smallest made by himself. Real talent

Leicester City was on the TV but I didn't really watch it until my phone said there was a goal and then I rushed in to see it happening.

This evening Smallest and I delivered the cake secretly. LSuffolk didn't know and was told I was asked not to make one this year because her friend's (who she shared a party with) Mum made one. She looked a little disappointed and Suffolk thinks she will be nicely surprised and happy with it. They are having it for breakfast on Thursday. Smallest and I stayed for a quick play and a cup of tea and then drove home. The snow was actually worse there (South East of here) with more accumulation but much windier here with low visibility because of the snow flying across the roads.

We had an email inviting Smallest to be on the team for the club he tried out for previous to the one we chose. Ha! Bit late actually, though he was chosen anyway but we just never followed up on it. Their administration was poor and the days for practice too many!

Yesterday we registered both boys for their new football club. This is just a tiny part of what we had to agree to:-

  • Applaud the opposition as well as our own team
  • Avoid coaching the players during the game
  • Respect the referee’s decisions at all times
  • Give attention to each of the children involved in soccer not just the most talented
  • Give encouragement to everyone to participate in soccer.
  • I will adhere to the 24-hour rule and wait at least that long before speaking to my child’s coach or other team officials if I am upset
  • Ensure that my child always adheres to the rules of good sportsmanship.

Well that will be interesting.

 

2 comments:

Sarah Tomson said...

Cakes look fab 😃

😳 Those football rules look interesting!! Hope you've got some sellotape ready for taping uo your mouths 😂😂

famfa said...

Thanks Sarah.
Yes lots of tape needed!! Xx