Friday 3 March 2017

Freezing nest

We woke up to some more snow and really really cold temperatures. A biting freezing -17* with windchill temperatures. The kind that hurts your face and makes your fingers fall off! AND it's supposed to get even colder on Sunday. We had blizzard conditions first thing.

The boys and their instruments went to school on the bus with the new driver called 'Errr'. That's what they named him anyway, who knows what his real name is! Maurice apparently has been in hospital having a 'procedure'.

Huffle worked from home and found out he had a pay freeze for the second year running. He was not at all pleased and he let his boss know. It is a shame as they have been piling work on him lately and he has been getting quite stressed. I persuaded him to come out for a walk with me later in the afternoon.

I went to knitting this morning and drove very carefully and didn't go too much over the speed limit. Being a good girl. BORING! I managed to knit plenty despite a lady constantly asking for my help. I also got a bit annoyed because ShopKeeperEl asked if I could teach her how to crochet a cowl the other day and then blatantly asked one of my crochet ladies today to help her with the start of her crochet. That's rude!

Suffolk and I went for lunch and I got mine for free because of the other week when I found a piece of ham swimming in my vegetarian soup. I like it there, they look after us. Afterwards we shopped for tea and tops and gave up because it was too cold and went home. I walked with Huffle and our faces fell off.

The boys came home. I am a terrible mum. I always pick on Small and I tell him his feet smell even though they don't and I'm never nice to him and I always take Smallest's side over his. Poor teenager, who gets his lunch made everyday and his Tuba transported back and forth and gets lifts in the car back from ski-club and nice dinners made and clothes bought and games played with............... poor Small.

Tonight we had another try-out for the club Smallest went to on Wednesday. We left Small behind checking over his homework and went out into the cold again (soooo cold). The session was good and OldCoach was there basically telling us he preferred the other club to this one but it was only because he didn't want his son playing on the weekend because they liked to get away to 'the cottage'. I don't know if he was asking us to make the same decision but we told him that the other club was too far (plus we have had no communication with them which tells us their administration is rubbish). The Technical Director came up to Smallest and said he was playing really well and shook his hand. Smallest enjoyed the try out today and this is his favourite club so far.

When we got home Huffle logged on to their website to enter Smallest's information as requested by one of the coach's this evening. There he found information that explained why, when we were playing with the previous club, we won every single Winter game (but lost all the Summer games). Not because the pitch was smaller, not becuase the goal was smaller, not because the team was lacking its best players who play hockey in the Winter. It was because as a Teir 1 team, we were playing the teir 3 teams and sometimes teir 2. None of that was explained to us when we asked why we were doing so well. Funny how OldCoach never mentioned that to us isn't it? However it does make perfect sense now!!

Small's homework was finished and submitted, Smallest showered and watched TV and we all got warm again. Ahhhhh weekend!

 

No comments: