Saturday 11 March 2017

Harry Pootter

Well we didn't get the 15cm forecast but we did get a good covering, maybe 5cm. However it was cold. Around -11* (feels like -19* with windchill). We have had further weather warnings saying we could get up to 30cm Monday/Tuesday but we are not panicking yet.

Huffle's dream was about a cricket game with a woman bowling really well and a tiny woman umpire. The story went on but it was all very 'crickety' and I'm afraid I lost interest. Anyway, I looked it up and it does mean he is unable to build up his work and struggling with a project. I have to say his boss is also a woman!!! Smallest dreamed about balancing a pencil on his nose. This, we think, is about him starting a new endeavour (his football). Ummmm very interesting. I don't remember mine.

Last night, just as Huffle and I were falling asleep, we got a knock on our door from Small, very upset and feeling sick. It's rare he gets sick these days and it's even rarer that he comes to his Mummy for comfort. He went back to bed and just as we were falling asleep again we heard him being sick. It was quite violent but once he had finished he felt okay, watched a bit of TV and went to sleep. That was weird, we think it was something he ate or a combination of things he ate. He was perfectly fine by the morning.

I woke up deaf again and syringed and eventually could hear better. We all had breakfast together and then Small and Huffle played Chess and Draughts and Smallest and I played Mastermind and Mancala. The boys all played on the XBox and I finished cutting out my material. All went well, loud music, bit of dancing, confident cutting. Hoping to get sewing next week while I am on a roll.

Huffle decided to make pasta today but we had some ingredients missing so Smallest and I went out into the cold to get provisions. When we got back Huffle was just rolling out the dough. I made a start on the tomato sauce and garlic bread and sautéed vegetables. The boys helped to roll and cut it into tagliatelle. We had a feast mid afternoon and after tidying up sat and watched the end of Harry Potter (goblet of fire).

I don't know how, but I persuaded my family to come on a small (defined as half an hour ish) walk with me around the Hamlet. Huffle wasn't keen, Small didn't want to go but everyone did and we marched out into the biting cold and snow. It wasn't too bad on the way but it was definitely colder with the wind in your face. Smallest and I collected wands of ice and wood and at one point we bumped into two Dulux Dogs and an owner and while I was stroking one of the dogs, it took my wand (a wood one). The owner tried to give it me back but I refused. Dog slobber is not a great addition to a wand. Small moaned that we had taken nearly an hour on our walk and that was not classed as a small walk. Whoops. I have a reputation now for saying it's a small walk and it turning into a big one. An hour is nothing!!!!!!

Back home we watched Ant and Decs SNTakeaway and clapped along and whoop whooooped along with the audience until Smallest's bedtime where I read some of Horrible Histories. Huffle spent time finding out where each of Smallest's 'friends' (stuffed toys) come from.

This evening Huffle and I watched Lion. Very good.

 

No comments: