Wednesday 8 March 2017

The moon came back

I slept. Hurrah. Unfortunately though, Huffle didn't. His tummy was giving him trouble. Smallest had a nose bleed during the night which we didn't know about until we found a trail of blood and a big mess in the sink late today.

The boys went to school, Small with his Snowboard stuff. Today was his last ski-club for this year. He got a blue sticker which means he is now Expert (or nearly). That frees up Wednesday evenings now for a while until the football starts again. Talking of which, yesterday we accepted Smallest's place on the new team and we are now looking into getting Small there too. That will be six sessions a week there. Good job it's not too far. Dan will also be going but OldCoach's son won't. He has chosen a different club.

I went to aerobics. It was the last one before March Break so we get a week off and ExerciseNic said she would go easy on us but she didn't really! I felt tired and lethargic today despite my full night of sleep.

Back home I showered and then drove to the dentist. On the way the seal on my windscreen got blown off. It was very windy and the radio gave wind warnings. I had to get out of the car on a busy road to stop the seal from flap flapping on the car and Huffle called the window company to arrange for them to sort it. They came later and it was the same idiot that fit my windscreen. He told me he had fitted it properly (did he not know that he was the one that didn't fit it correctly in the first place?). Today was Just a checkup and clean but the dentist decided I needed a small filling and a check on an old filling. Oh joy! I have to go back in a couple of weeks.

At home I had lunch by myself (Huffle had to go on a call though he had boiled me an egg) and watched a Psycological thriller called The Replacement (BBC) - good so far. I was feeling a bit fed-up so braved the wind and went out for a walk on my own. It was just what I needed. I walked for about 45 minutes and definitely blew the cobwebs away. My legs were very tired when I got back just before Smallest arrived. I did 12500 steps plus my hour of aerobics (it doesn't count my steps there properly because my legs aren't always moving).

The girl that burned herself yestday apparently has 2nd degree burns and wasn't in school today. Oh dear. Smallest cleared up the blood from his nosebleed and partly cleaned the bathroom he uses before going on his tablet and also practicing piano. Tonight I made Lentil Dahl and Butter Chicken. It was lovely.

Smallest and I watched the rest of The BFG (we liked it) while Huffle had a bath to ease his sore back. The boys had more books delivered from Grandma (thank you) for doing extra well on their reports and tonight Smallest and I started the Horrible Histories England. It's very good. I finished a crochet ball and made another one. The boys now have two each.

Silly face

Huffle picked up Small from his ski-club and they got the telescope out to look at the moon. Thank goodness it's back. It's been missing for ages. We could see it really well. Craters and we think mountains. Spectacular though it was too cloudy to see any stars.

 

No comments: