Thursday 9 March 2017

Throwing a deaf 'un

Despite a good night's sleep, I woke up in a sad mood. I am having trouble with my ears, too much wax and far too little channels for it to go anywhere, so I have to deal with it myself. Huffle put in Olive Oil last night which meant I slept well because I couldn't hear anything at all but I woke up dizzy and deaf. Between us we tried to syringe it out but it wouldn't budge so more oil is required tonight. It makes me feel groggy, dizzy, off balance and nauseous. So on top of feeling a bit sad, I now feel sorry for myself too. 3 years ago we were in England visiting friends and relatives. I keep getting TimeHop photos and reminders. Such a good time. Wish I was there right now.

Small had his shower as we agreed last night but when I asked him where his bedding was (the deal was that if he didn't have his shower until the morning, then he had to strip his bed so I could wash it). He got grumpy with me and decided not to talk to me, but did what I asked anyway. The bus came early and the boys ran out before I could say goodbye or get my morning peck. Of course this made me sadder, especially as Small wasn't talking to me. When they came home I demanded my hugs and kisses and when I asked Small to tell me something I needed to hear he said "I love you". Perfect.

The Gas Metre Man, who was supposed to change our metre today, cancelled our appointment because he had the flu and then Suffolk cancelled our sewing morning because one of her kids was off school ill. So instead I got out my blind material and laid it on the kitchen floor and measured and marked and cut what was supposed to be a nicely squared up piece but ended up wonky. So I laid down on the floor and cried because you never know, it might have helped. It didn't.

I did three loads of washing and drying and sorting and folding. I cleaned two bathrooms and put away the worlds biggest pile of towels. I half made Small's bed before flopping on it exhausted, tired and emotional and Huffle rescued me, made me lunch and took me out for a walk for an hour. Good Huffle.

This afternoon I tidied, watched a bit of TV, prepared dinner and waited for the kids to come home. Small had done a really good maths test and got 35/37 but argued rightly with his teacher over two of the questions making his mark 36/37 though he still questioned one of his answers. Smallest has decided he is going to do the Superman tune on the piano for his talent contest piece at school. He gets to audition after March Break which starts this Monday and for the rest of next week, including tomorrow which is a PA Day. At least the kids will keep me happy tomorrow, well they better!

After dinner Small and Huffle went to Small's last game. Every week he is asked to go in goal for a short while and every week he comes up with a different excuse. His coach says he should be a lawyer because he is so good at negotiating. Tonight he told him he hurt his wrists falling over on the slopes yesterday and Huffle could be head and seen giggling about it. Well that's the end of our football club and good riddance. However we have met a few people who could be good and lasting friends as well as quite a few we won't care if we never see again.

Smallest and I were very tired so we cuddled up on the sofa and watched half of 'I bought a Zoo'. We liked it. Huffle set the telescope up again and we all looked at the moon. It was brighter tonight. I also saw some stars but not very close. Later Huffle and I watched The Pottery Throwdown. Love it. They are soooo talented.

No comments: