Wednesday 18 October 2017

Exactly!

A much warmer day with lots of sunshine. Still a cool beginning and another frost overnight. Huffle took out the courgettes and dug out some grass ready for some of our new plants. He was working but had a few gaps where he wasn't on calls, so used his breaks wisely.

The boys went to school. Smallest has a test tomorrow on Maths and another one on Forces in Science this week so he brought home a review sheet and we worked on it together. Small had lots of homework and worried about how to bring everything home he needed. I need to get him some more folders then maybe he can have a specific homework folder.

I went to exercise with MrsM. Because I didn't go for my Monday walk, my legs were really hurting. Sounds silly but the walk stops me from ceasing up. I struggled today but it was good. Funny as usual.

I came home briefly for a snack and drink and picked up my tools and headed to Suffolks for two hours of gardening. The first hour I put all her new plants in and moved a couple. These are the plants we bought when Grandma and Grandad helped her choose. Her front garden is looking very nice and will look spectacular next year I hope. She came home and we gardened together, cutting back mainly.

She made me a lovely lunch of FlipOvers with Brie and Sweet Red Pepper Jelly. Very nice. We managed a cup of tea and a chat before I had to get home.

Small was already home and doing homework. Smallest followed shortly afterwards. Today I gave MissHorse a knitting lesson. We did well. We did some undoing techniques and untwisting stitches and continued with the dishcloth.

I made a soup for dinner and afterwards Huffle took Smallest to his first football session this season. His friend Dan had a fall at school today and has a mild concussion so he wasn't there. Hopefully won't be off for too long. Smallest's practice was split between two teams (Huffle thinks Smallest's is in the second team) and they didn't start until 7:30pm which means they didn't get home until 9:30 which is far too late for a 10 year old on a school night who normally goes to bed at 8:30 and likes to have a bath after a practice!!!

Small and I stayed at home. I got my long awaited shower and Small played on his tablet. Eventually he took pity on me and we played a game of Disney Monopoly which he thrashed me at!

 

No comments: