Wednesday 11 October 2017

I'm a glove short 2-4-3-3

I had a really bad night's sleep. The blind kept getting sucked out of the window and then as it came back in it clashed against the bed.

It was a horribly rainy, dreary, grey, cool day today. I insisted on putting the heating on later this evening, much to Huffle's apoplexy (his word).

The boys went to school and I picked them up from school early to take them to the dentist. In the past this has been easy but now they are at different schools and in different towns and this is more difficult. I picked up Smallest at 12:30 and we drove to Small's school where we were early but he came out at 12:50. We then drove to the dentist and got there with seven minutes to spare. Each child has an appointment of 30 minutes and I just have to sit patiently in the waiting room for the hour. At least I had a sit down though and a read through some trashy gossip magazines. NO CAVATIES TODAY she said. Small's teeth have aligned themselves nicely and Smallest's crooked tooth that's trying to force its way through his gum is fine too! Excellent. Their next appointment (in nine months time) is on separate days so it might be easier on me at least.

This morning I went to exercise and MrsM picked me up. There were only three of us today as one was ill and the other on holiday. Because it was cooler, we had more cardio to do though I hurt my knee jumping whilst lunging! I think we did over 100 squats in the end and about 50 press ups, among other things.

I came home and took Grandma and Grandad out in the spare two hours we had. Half an hour's drive there, an hour in the mall and half an hour drive back. We did get a few things though and we are having a bigger shopping day tomorrow.

Huffle had made me a packed lunch which I took with me to fetch the boys. After the dentist we went food shopping for essentials before coming home. I didn't bother taking the boys back to school because Small's school day had finished already and Smallest had only fifteen minutes left.

Grandma made dinner and I gave MIssHorse a knitting lesson. She is doing really well. We ripped some out, undid correctly and reknitted. She was worried the pattern wasn't working but she is now on track.

While I was out Grandma did some more cleaning and Grandad played in the barn. He was so pleased with his work, he took photographic evidence.

Just to show he treats our gloves better than his socks!!!
All tools standing to attention correctly lined up in size order. Note the bucket in the middle of the floor. It has now been rehoused to the North side of the barn
Bikes are ordered in wheel size and slagbags awaiting Fridays collection. However, not sure about that dangerous parasol poking out!

 

 

No comments: