Tuesday 10 October 2017

I hit my head on a hummingbird

Sometime during the night, we heard animal noises down below scratching and scruffling. Huffle opened the window and growled like a bear and it disappeared. My hero!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COUSIN D

For a few days, Small and I have had trouble with our phones. I have been getting his text messages and today I got a message from his friend so I sent Small his reply but it came back to me. Then I tried sending him a message from Huffle's phone but it also came back to me. I called him but he couldn't hear me and I gave up at that point. It seems that my phone was sending and receiving from both of our numbers. How and when did that start happening. Very strange.

The boys went to school. Huffle worked in the loft. Grandma cleaned house. Grandad made a new path. I went to work and did a lot of cutting back of Flox, clearing of containers and chopping of Cannas. For coffee break we had white chocolate almond cherry cookies. Jan followed me home today to harvest our Jerusalem Artichokes but they weren't very good. Apparently they need complete sun and we had them in the shade. Their proper name is Sun Choke which makes perfect sense.

After lunch, I helped Grandad with the path and put the plants, that he had dug out, in the holding bed for now. We filled the wheelbarrow three times with woodchips and filled the new path. We put in the new Hibiscus and Grandad dug out the old hydrangeas and Flox. It is looking very smart now. However, on his way to the bath, he noticed the garden was unbalanced and now wants to put another path in another bed! We are going to have more paths than garden soon. Still, it's better than grass!

Stinky stinky smelly socks tat walked off Grandads feet!!!

Grandma and I warmed up yesterday's dinner for tonights dinner which was perfect and now the fridge is sighing with relief.

This evening we all played Newmarket and I won. Hurrah.

Coins of many nations

 

 

No comments: