Friday 20 October 2017

Little Frank Poppins*

Small woke me up with about three minutes to spare to get his lunch ready and instead of making a start himself, he was playing with the sponge ball in the kitchen. I was not pleased. After he had left, with his lunch, Smallest told me that Small had asked him to get stuff out ready for lunch making. Cheeky bu99er. I had a word with him when he got home but he said it was a misunderstanding and he never told him that at all. I think they are both old enough to get their own now anyway but I quite like having the control of knowing what they have.

I went off to knitting today. I haven't been for ages and I bundled everything I could find into my bag. Four socks, two needing casting off, my crochet and a ball of wool I didn't know what to do with. Mainly I sat and chatted with shopkeeperEl, Di and JR. I finished a rib on one sock and attempted to cast off but it didn't look right so I undid it.

Huffle and I had lunch together and watched a W1A - so funny. This afternoon I went and finished off my shopping from yesterday. All went well and I bumped (not literally) into a lady I knew and we had a chat. Half way round, I bumped (yes literally) into a display of boxes of crisps and knocked them all down, all seven/eight of them. A woman saw me and said 'run away while no one is looking'. Oh my goodness, what is wrong with me? I also dropped a carton of apple juice whilst packing the car, but it was okay. I should just go to bed and stay there. My shin is fine though hurts to touch and actually you can't see anything on there which is a bit disconcerting considering how much pain I was in. You would have thought that there would have been a bruise or lump, instead of a small red mark! Now I have nothing to show for such a terrible morning!

After I put the shopping away, I sat on the porch in the beautiful sunshine (23*) and FaceTimed Moo. She watched Small come home and chatted with him and then watched Smallest get off the bus and chatted with him too.

After dinner we watched XFactor. Small has a lot of homework again and did most of it this evening but is going to space it out through the weekend so it isn't so daunting. Tomorrow we have school shopping to do. I hope I can be trusted to go out!

Huffle I jigsawed and watched Gardeners World and sat and chatted and listened to music.

 

*Smallest was telling us about his day. Part of it was going for a walk in the Hamlet with his 'reading buddy' who is a boy in kindergarten who is not the best behaved. I asked if he listened to Smallest and behaved well for him and he said he did. I talked about how well he did with younger children and that I could see him being a teacher. There was much discussion about it and I said "no really, he's great with little kids, he's like Mary Poppins', much to the disgust of Smallest that I should call him a girls name. OK THEN, FRANK POPPINS! He liked that a bit better.

No comments: