Monday 11 December 2017

Mister Meaner

I have a board on the fridge and it states how much money the kids have earned (or owe). Each month, for every 30 days of a clean and clear bedroom, they get some money which I add to the board. This morning I checked on their rooms and found Smallest's to be nicely tidied and Small's looked tidy but there was a lump under his duvet. What could it be? Surely not his clothes he should have put away yesterday? Tut tut. When I questioned him about it later he said he wanted it to look good but didn't have time! He chose his own punishment and decided he would clear the snow when it came. Well that decision was just in time because it came! He also hasn't been eating his yoghurts everyday and this morning he tipped one away from Friday. Oh dear Small!

Boys went to school (tiniest dusting of snow). Huffle worked at the kitchen table, in the computer room and in the loft.

I went to my exercise class and we did two minutes on the treadmill which was set at big hill while the other person did weights for two mins and then we swapped over many times. It was a very funny session and we worked hard as usual.

Back home I made flapjack for tomorrows coffee break/after exercise on Wednesday and made a Broccoli soup. I popped to the supermarket to stock up and came home for lunch with Huffle. He was Facetiming Grandma and Grandad.

This afternoon I showered, made a Lemon Drizzle Cake (Moo requested one) and finished making the Soup which became a Broccoli and Blue Cheese soup. Ummmm.

Small didn't come home as he was at his friend's house where three of his French classmates were making an IvoryCoast local dish of FriedBananas for a French project due tomorrow. I picked him up and brought him home in time for his piano lesson.

MrsPiano was given her piano striped chicken today and I thought she was pleased with her gift but Smallest said he didn't think she was. Oh well, at least we got her a gift card too! We have the piano recital on Sunday so if the chicken isn't on display somewhere, I'll know!

Late afternoon it started snowing and it fell quickly and settled well. We are due to have 10-15cm. Not looking forward to driving to the airport tomorrow! Moos flight so far is on schedule but flights are being cancelled from heathrow (not all, but one flight to Toronto was cancelled yesterday and one more for tomorrow). Oh dear. I hope she knows before she travels whether the flight will be going or not. By the time we get up she should have already started her flight.

Dinner was eaten. Smallest didn't like the soup. When he was little he ate all my soups and broccoli was called FrogSoup. The boys went to Cubs where they made a giant cookie. Huffle and I walked for an hour in the snow. It was cold but it was nice snow. Crunchy and powdery and it fell in a mesmerising way when you looked up. The temperature hit -16* (feels like) today.

 

 

No comments: