Friday 2 February 2018

Merv’s a shadow puppet

Happy Groundhog Day.  Huffle thinks the Hamlet needs a Groundhog of its own.  He wants to call it Cleatus.  Today various Groundhog around North America were brought out to see if they could see their shadows.  Our nearest Groundhog saw his shadow so we have six more weeks of Winter coming.  One of the groundhogs bit the reporter and another we found out was a puppet.

Smallest didn’t go to school.  Still not well but feeling slightly better, lots of laughing (though laughing does hurt), a bit of help in the kitchen and a brighter face.  He will not be playing football tomorrow.

Small went to School and came back with no homework.  He was very pleased but had a bit of an attitude problem.  He helped with dinner after reading in his room for a while.  Both boys helped with dinner tonight.  We had curry and Smallest mixed the spices and made the masala and and Small knocked back the dough and rolled out, with help from Smallest, the wraps that we had as naans.











After breakfast I went to the pottery studio and picked up my left behind Snow boots.  The lady there had also found my new missing tool and another one I had forgotten.  Thank goodness.  I left Smallest at home with Huffle working upstairs and I was only gone for about forty five minutes.  It was really cold.  I think the temperature was about -26* feels like.  I went out in the garden briefly to 
take photos.







Today I made wraps from PaulHollywoods book and we had them as Naans for dinner - very good, very tasty.  Will definitely make them again and I also made another bloomer loaf for tomorrow.  It didn’t rise very well, I am wondering if it was too cold in the kitchen.  

While I was kneading the bread, I was playing with Smallest with his word book where you make silly stories based on using nouns, adjectives etc.  He was certainly brighter.  

For lunch we sat and watched Coco which was entertaining enough.  Smallest went for a bath this afternoon and took with hm, his tablet and a bowl of ice cream.  I don’t think I have ever eaten ice cream in a Bath! But he said it helped his throat.  

I did some more crocheting today and wound up all the tangled balls of wool associated with the blanket.  

We have had 12-20cm of snow forecast between tomorrow afternoon until Sunday evening.  That’s a long period of snow.





No comments: